- Your photo should be a fairly recent picture of you.
- Following and friending the competition is okay.
Let them follow you as well.
- Promote other people more than yourself. Don’t use your page as a platform to spit out ads.
- Link to clients you’re mentioning, people who inspire your material, products you’re discussing, etc.
- Be clear about endorsements.
- The top reason people stop following a company is due to over-posting. Find the right balance for each network.
- Share and comment to get others to do the same.
This post was inspired by Chris Brogan’s post: AN INSIDER’S GUIDE TO SOCIAL MEDIA ETIQUETTE. Read his post for more details on some of the above, as well as additional social media tips and ideas!
LWT is a full-service Interactive // Advertising // Social // Media // Content agency located in Montgomery, AL and concentrating on destination marketing for tourism, real estate and retail clients. For more, visit lwtconnect.com